After having my own child, I quickly realized how bad of a friend I was to my friends who had kids before me! Why didn’t I make them meals? Bake them lactation Cookies? Clean their houses? Why did I think dropping off food once and spending half an hour in their home chatting (ugh) was enough / okay? I’m better now – guys! Have another kid and I’ll be all over that meal train!
I’m currently prepping frozen crockpot dump meals for my brother and sister-in-law who are due with baby #3 in 2.5 weeks! I also made a batch of banana pumpkin muffins for the whole family and some mini muffins that I bagged separately for my SIL to grab when she needs a quick snack / that nursing hunger hits. I can’t wait to love on this new baby but I also want to love on B+K and make their lives a little easier in those not-so-easy early days!
Here’s my gift guide for the new mom – can be for the holidays but also for any day of the year!
- Comfy Robe: I lived in robes at the hospital and during my middle-of-the-night nursing sessions.
- Slippers: perfect for winter!
- Solly Baby Wrap: so she can hold baby but have full use of her hands 🙌🏼 (and they’re having a black Friday sale!!!)
- Silk Pillowcase for Facial Beauty and Hair Health:she needs this and will love you for it.
Help her build her “momiform”
- J Crew Loose long-sleeve tee: Cute and can be casual or dressed up!
- New Balance Tennis Shoes: I have these exact shoes and they are so comfy!
- High Waist Leggings: High waist post baby is key – as is comfort!
- Patagonia Vest: winter + postpartum hormones. Get her the vest!
- Nursing Tanks (3 Pack): these go with/under EVERYTHING.
- Nursing Top: Having a cute top to put on that was also functional made me feel like a new woman
Tech & Gadgets:
- Amazon Cloud Cam Indoor Security Camera: added sense of security with a new little one. Enough said!
- Dash New Brand Launch: Make it easy for her to reorder diapers, toilet paper, wipes and more with just the push of a button!
- Apple watch series 3 (Gold Al case w/ Pink sand sport band): Being able to answer calls/respond to texts, track your fitness, see what time it is ALL in one watch? Winner!
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera – Cobalt Blue: This fun camera gave us some incredible first shots of L with his grandparents in the hospital. We love that the camera is modern with the vintage polaroid touch!
- LONG iPhone charging cord: she’ll be using her phone A LOT during those 3 AM nursing sessions!
- Clarisonic Mia Facial Cleansing Brush System: I’ve had mine for several years and LOVE how smooth and clean it makes my face feel.
- Milk Frother with Bonus Mix Spoon: Make her feel fancy! She can make lattes at home with this frother. I have this EXACT one and make peppermint mochas ALL.THE.TIME.
Help her relax:
- Lavender Bath Bomb: This will make her bath time feel fancy and smell like lavender to help her relax!
- The Empowered Mama Book: an excellent book on motherhood but not a preachy “you should do everything this way or you’ll ruin your kid” book
- Burts Bees – Mama Bees Relaxation Collection: help her skin recover from all that stretching pregnancy does to the body and leave her feeling soft!
- Philosophy Eye Cream: no explanation needed here – mama will have tired eyes!
- Essential Oil Diffuser + Essential Oils: she can switch out the oils depending on her mood
Make her feel special (and put together!):
- BeautyCounter Flawless in 5 Make Up kit: Help her feel put together – quickly! If you don’t want to get the whole kit, try these two items which will instantly make her feel fancy: BECCA Blush and Tarte Lip Paint
- Necklace with baby’s name: this is a gift she’ll treasure forever!
- Watercolor Tervis: Moms need a lot of water, why not help her drink it out of a pretty cup? (see below)
- Hot Mama Coffee Mug: Moms need a lot of coffee, why not help her drink it out of a pretty cup? (Ha.)
- Maid service: pay someone to clean her house! You will be her BFF.
- Grocery service: pay for grocery pick up and online ordering for a year. $99 at Harris Teeter.
- Spa services: massage/facial/hair/pedi/mani you name it! Get her a gift certificate to love on herself in her time (try to find one that doesn’t expire!)
This post contains affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps me keep my blog alive!