Each year, my family has somewhat of a “reunion” at Claytor Lake in Virginia. We’ve been going to the lake for as long as I can remember, but we only started the family weekend tradition 4 or 5 years ago.
We have a big family and most folks still live in Virginia but with everyone having their own families, it’s tough to get together too often. This is a nice way to spend time together outside of the holidays and is always such a fun weekend.
The house has plenty of space for us to all comfortably crash there (the parents go home) without being on top of one another.
Here are some photos through the years…
Things that I love for the lake (mostly pictured or being used above):
- Kayak (we brought ours along this year and the paddleboards were rented)
- Donut Float
- Baby Pool on dock (we brought this one but ended up using the one already there)
- Swim diaper
- Baby sun hat
- Baby swim trunks
- Life jacket (on sale for $13.99!!!)
- Blue Lizard sunscreen (adult | baby)
- Super Goop Lip Gloss with SPF
- Color Science SPF Powder (I’m not a big make-up person, so this is easy-peasy and protects my skin!)
- Sonos speaker (this Bose speaker is also good and under $100)
- Water bottle (full of ice of course!)
I’m so grateful my aunt and uncle continue to want to host everyone year after year and that we’ve (mostly) all been able to make it work on a yearly basis. We missed 2015 due to being in Europe.
This was the first year L was really able to enjoy it. Last year he was just a tiny bundle! He had so much fun playing with his cousins, reading with his uncle Mark and riding the boat. Fishing wasn’t on his radar this year and he didn’t actually get in the lake water but had fun in his pool on the dock. I know he’ll have fun here for years to come – and I hope our family continues this tradition.
This post contains affiliate links with Amazon. They will take you straight to the product I linked and if you decide to purchase I’ll get a small amount from amazon for sending you there. Doesn’t cost you anything 🤗