Okay, so we’re closer to 20 months as I write this but our likes haven’t changed much in 2 months time (or really even 6 months time). Trucks and books are still our favorites over here.
It’s fascinating to watch this little guy with a new truck and how he examines everything about it, including the way it moves, how the doors open (or don’t open), and if it makes any sounds. He can spend an hour playing completely independently with one toy… and then repeat with another truck. Some of our favorites currently are:
- Tonka Steel Dump Truck: cannot tell you how much fun he had filling this up with rocks and dumping them
- Green Toys Bulldozer: We are really into bulldozers and bobcats these days and I personally love Green Toys.
- Bulldozer: He went to bed talking about this one when he got it and woke up still talking about it. Definitely one of his favorites!
- Trash truck: He calls this “garbage trash” and we will never correct him because it’s the cutest thing EVER. He loves his trash trucks.
- Concrete Mixer: We have a lot of construction going on in our neighborhood and Nana and Granddad take him to see the trucks daily. Watching the “mizzers” is one of his faves.
I took him in Marshall’s for the first time last week and he was MIND BLOWN with the truck options. We ended up leaving with a small construction set (which has provided countless hours of entertainment this week) and a HUGE transporter truck with a bobcat on the back. Santa is going to bring him the big truck but I couldn’t pass it up because he was so happy when it found it.
He’s also still really into books. We typically read 5 each night before bed but he will also randomly choose a book and come over to sit on your lap and say “read.” Our current faves are:
- Little Blue Truck and Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
- Goodnight Gorilla
- Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
- Pout Pout Fish
- Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night
We’re also really into outside toys and will be extra sad when the cold weather rolls in.
He loves the park right now and wants to swing and slide and play in the sand no matter how hot it is outside.
- Trucks for the sand (this will be the set we get for next year!)
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe (on sale for less than $50!)
- Sand toys
- Slide (less than $35!)
- Lawnmower (I can’t even tell you how much he loves to mow!)
- Lightning McQueen Power Wheels (on sale for under $100!!!)
- Water Table
This is absolutely the most fun age and now I know what everyone was getting at when they told me how fun little boys are when I was pregnant. He makes us laugh constantly, he dances just like his dad, he says the funniest things and he gets this wild look in his eyes just before he takes off running.
He is learning so much at school and loves his class and teachers. He no longer cries at drop off which is amazing for my mama heart. He is sweet and caring and loves his grandparents so deeply. My mom came to visit last weekend and they laughed for 48 hours straight together and he asked about her for a few days after she left. He is a little shy sometimes and thinks dinosaurs are scary. He thinks “bambays” (bandaids) are the coolest and wants mama to kiss his boo-boos and make them better.
I couldn’t possibly love this tiny human any more than I do, yet, I know I will tomorrow.
*This blog contains some affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything or require you to do anything different. If you choose to purchase any of the products I mentioned here, I’ll get a small (tiny… itty bitty even) percentage of the purchase.