One of my 2019 goals I am most sure of is that I want to put aside more time to read. It has always been a passion of mine and I love getting lost in a good book. Here’s my reading list for 2019 — I can’t wait to dive in!
I picked a mix of fiction and non-fiction and a bit of romance and suspense. I also want to read some of the biographies I’ve collected (#bookhoarder) over the years and maybe a few personal and progressional development books that are relevant for a 30-something mom who is deciding what she wants the next 30 years of life to look like (accepting recommendations here!).
- Becoming Michelle Obama (not only is this the #1 book on Amazon, but she was just named the most admired woman for 2018
- My Oxford Year (on sale for $10)
- One Day in December (got this one for Christmas!)
- Where the Crawdads Sing
- Nine Perfect Strangers (I LOVE, love, LOVE Liane Moriarty’s writing!)
- Something in the Water (this isn’t a new book but one I definitely want to read!)
- Everything I Never Told You
- Girl Last Seen (on sale for under $10)
- The Wedding Date
- How to Walk Away
- Ghosted (just opened this one up!)
- My Husband’s Wife
Bonus: The Other Woman — I devoured this in one day! Total twist at the end.
A couple of cookbooks I’m checking out this year:
And last but certainly not least, books I’m excited to read with my almost 2 year old:
- Dragons love Tacos (half price right now!)
- This Little collection (SO excited for these 4 books)
- Wherever you are, my love will find you
- Red Truck (we’ve spent a whole year on the little blue truck – time for a change!)
- Grumpy Monkey (also Wonky Donkey!)
Hopefully these aren’t the only books I read this year, I’d love to refresh this list in April/May and get some new summer reads (2018 list). 2018 was busy with travel, a very active one-year old and trying to get back into running which certainly didn’t leave a ton of leisure time for reading but we’ll see what 2019 brings!
I’d love to hear your recommendations for great reads – please leave them in the comments so I can add them to my ever-growing list.
*some links are affiliate links! It doesn’t cost you anything but if you choose to purchase the item at the link, I get a small commission (and by small, I mean the tiniest ever!) Thanks for helping my blog live to see another day 🙂