My plan to do these posts on a monthly basis didn’t pan out thanks to THREE trips to Boston in February but I’ve got some good stuff to share for March! You guys loved the RBX sweater so much in January that three colors sold out!
We did No Spend February and only focused on things we needed versus all of my impulse buys and gazillion Amazon purchases. I’ve admittedly made a few purchases since March 1st but also was able to focus on things in February that made me happy without necessarily being new in that month.
- The Proposal: This was one of my reads for book club and such a good chick-lit/beach read type book. I finished it in just a couple days (which reminds me that I should update my book list soon). Next up is The Wedding Date which I plan to read in Costa Rica.
- Think Sport Face Sunscreen: It’s tinted and being the naturally lazy person I am with my make-up, I recently started using this as my foundation instead of actual make-up. It’s not oily and doesn’t make my face feel slimy and I know I’m protected from the sun so it’s a win-win. I actually bought it for running but don’t really need tinted sunscreen for running so I might have to get something else still.
- NUUN Rest: This is a relatively new addition to my routine but I’m liking it so far! I purchased several tubes to use on my runs (hydration, electrolytes and even caffeine!) but the rest version has magnesium and tart cherry which is great for helping you relax and muscles recover.
- Revlon One-Step Volumizer: my mom got me this for my birthday and it is AMAZING. I only dry my hair a couple times a week but when I do, it gets SO MUCH volume from this and looks so good! I am hooked and basically have no need for any other hairdryer ever again.
- Burt’s Bees Intensive Lip Cream: I use this every night and love how soft it makes my lips feel. I am a bit OCD about having chapstick and water around me at all times and this helps protect my lips all night long (I picked mine up at the grocery store!)
- THIS BATHING SUIT!: If you are looking for something that’s flattering for summer or can work for swim lessons with a toddler who yanks at your suit, this is the suit for you. It has tummy control (yay!) and fits true to size — oh and did I mention it’s UNDER $25? I’m still not in a place where I want to spend a ton of money on suits until I get that 25 year old bod back — so this is where it’s at. I got the green and it’s gorgeous — I am tempted to order another color.
- The Duchess and Guy book: I’m pretty obsessed with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry — but you know I started loving her a million times more when I learned about her rescue dogs! I got this book for L (ok, for me) and it’s ridiculously cute. Highly recommend for your kiddos like age 2-5 or so.
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask: While I am thrifty in many areas of my life, I no longer skimp on my skincare (except for how I’m currently using sunscreen as foundation lol). I am doing my best to protect my skin from the sun, prevent wrinkles and keep my skin tight without botox. I love, love, LOVE this mask and a little goes a long way! If you’re look for something slightly less pricey, I also love this one by Farmacy — and it’s fun because it changes colors!
- Genius Joy: I am not going to recommend vitamins to the world but I am personally loving this product. Winter was dreary and cold and rainy and gave me the blues — on top of weaning L and all of my travel which was stressful at times. Maybe it’s a placebo effect, maybe it actually works, but I feel like things are a little brighter when I take this regularly.
- Inflatable bed rails for toddlers: We learned (thankfully) in advance that no cribs are available in Costa Rica so we ordered these inflatable bed rails that go underneath the sheet. We lugged a pack n’ play to Ireland and were hoping not to do that on this trip and these babies are going to make that happen — so much easier and lighter to pack!
I had hoped to share my new running shoes with you but I took them out for a 2 mile run (was supposed to be 7) and the right shoe was slipping on my heel — which it didn’t do in the store. I’m a little frustrated because I spent a good amount of time trying to find the right ones and these weren’t that. And now my calf hurts and I haven’t been able to run since Tuesday. However… I did get these espadrille sandals for summer and our trip and I love them so much! They are super comfy and you can’t beat the price.
Some products mentioned in this post are through affiliate links and I will receive a teeny, tiny commission if you choose to purchase that product. I would never share anything that I don’t use and love personally.