In January, I shared a list of books I planned to read in 2019. Here’s an update on what I’ve read and a few new books I’m adding to the list.
- One Day in December loved this one! Reminded me a bit of the book/movie Something Borrowed.
- Ghosted I thought I had this one figured out but the end surprised me!
- The Proposal – a super easy and fun read! The characters were hilarious and relatable and I also loved that the main characters were black and Hispanic in this one (ordered during Black History Month)
- Forever is the Worst Long Time (on sale for under $8!) – I thought this would be a good beach read in Costa Rica but it was actually quite heavy and had me sobbing at the end and being more grateful than ever for my sweet family. It’s a wonderful book but be prepared to have your heart hurt a little bit!
- The Other Woman — I devoured this in one day! Total twist at the end!
- How to walk away– This one immediately got me worked up over my newfound anxiety with flying but is such a good read!
- Nine Perfect Strangers I LOVE, love, LOVE Liane Moriarty’s writing! I have had a hard time getting into this one for some reason… slow beginning but I’ll keep at it.
Books on my nightstand (which doubles as a bookshelf 😂). My goal is 2 books a month — though I can usually get in an extra one if I’m traveling and have flights I can read on.
- Becoming Michelle Obama (not only is this the #1 book on Amazon, but she was just named the most admired woman for 2018)
- My Oxford Year (on sale for $10)
- Where the Crawdads Sing
- Something in the Water (this isn’t a new book but one I definitely want to read!)
- Everything I Never Told You
- And Then You Loved Me
- Girl Last Seen (on sale for under $10)
- The Wedding Date
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
- The Good Widow
- The Storyteller’s Secret
- My Husband’s Wife
- How Women Rise (I got to hear the author speak recently and immediately purchased the book)
I recently read an article that said Boston Marathon champ, Des Linden has a goal to read 4 books a month! That seems insane to me in this stage of life (but also in her stage of running 100 miles a week!). I’m okay with my goal of 2… I love losing myself in a good book. Any recommendations to add to this (ever-growing) list?
*I use affiliate links and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase the product. It doesn’t cost you anything and goes straight into helping keep my blog alive by paying the yearly fee!