While many people are ramping up for back-to-school, it’s business as usual over here. We’re planning our last beach trip of the year, locking in some fall plans and prepping for football season (GO HOKIES!). We welcomed cooler weather today and it actually felt like maybe Fall had arrived but I’m sure the temps will sneak back up at least one more time before it’s officially fall.
Here are some things we’re currently loving and I think you might, too:
- Schitt’s Creek: I realize this has been out for a few years now but we are just catching up (on Season 5 now) and I’m completely obsessed. I want David for my BFF and love the fact that he and Eugene Levy are father & son in real life.
- These shorts: I bought one pair and loved them so much that I immediately ordered another pair. They have a little bit of stretch to them (if you’re in between sizes, go down). They’re so comfy and can be rolled up or down with a fringe on the end.
- Spiral Hair ties: I know every woman has a running joke about how you buy a million hair ties and always only have one. I hate when I have to pull a new one out of the closet and then it’s too tight on my wrist and cuts my circulation off until it’s stretched out to the perfect size. These DO NOT do that. They’re already the perfect size!
- National Geographic First Big Book of Why: This is SUCH a fun book for little kids who are always asking “why?” L loves the bug books at the museum so I knew he’d like this one. Definitely adding this one to his Christmas list!
- Potty Training seat: L says it’s “mashy” and he doesn’t mind sitting on it.
- Blackened Salmon: I’ve gotten back into online grocery shopping because outsourcing time-wasters is crucial. The other week they didn’t have the wild salmon I ordered so I went inside and the fish guy told me to try this packaged kind. I was skeptical but they are the perfect size and taste so good. I’ve bought them 2 more times already. I purchase mine at Harris Teeter but you may be able to find it elsewhere!
- FASTer Way to Fat Loss: I know I’ve been talking about this for like 7 months now but it has been THE BEST DECISION I’ve made. Landon even started intermittent fasting this month and he’s liking it! I feel more like my “old” self now than I have for 2.5 years. I’m still not back to that pre-baby body but closer and feeling great!
- J Crew Sweater: I mentioned that it felt like fall this morning so I am ALL ready for sweater weather. I bought a few during Banana Republic’s Friends & Family sale the other week and grabbed a couple more from J Crew. Now that my office in Boston is more casual, I can skip the dresses and skirts and go for comfort.
- Moon and Back Jammies: L went through a MAJOR growth spurt in July and we had to move up from 2T jammies to 3T. These are by far our favorite purchase! We have stripes and stars!
- Energizing and Soothing Eye Cream: this is my FAVE morning product! The perfect pick me up for tired morning mom eyes before daycare drop off and Starbucks!
Happy ALMOST September! Here’s to welcoming back cool mornings, Saturday football and the holidays. Because if it’s already almost September, then next week will be Thanksgiving and soon enough we’ll be wrapping presents to go under the tree. So maybe I should be saying Happy New Year instead?
*I use affiliate links to get you straight to the product but I don’t recommend anything that I don’t personally use and love. I will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase anything that is via an affiliate link and that money will go straight towards the yearly $120 fee to keep my blog alive 🙂