I read so many good books in 2019 and am already deep into book #2 for 2020. I definitely want to add in more professional books this year and more biographies (I have stacks already on my shelves) but the bulk will likely still be fiction because for as long as I have been able to read, I’ve loved getting lost in those stories — just ask Mrs. Wall circa 4th grade (and I still hate math).
Instead of making a ridiculously long list to start the year, I made a list of 10 books to kick off January (and it will probably take me into February and maybe March). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here we go!
- Maybe in Another Life: Taylor Jenkins Reid
- You Were There Too: Colleen Oakley (half way through this one!)
- Everything We Keep: Kerry Lonsdale
- When Less Becomes More: Emily Ley
- When Life Gives You Lululemons: Lauren Weisberger
- Maybe This Time: Jill Mansell
- American Royals: Katharine McGee (1st book I read in 2020 — and how appropriate with H&M’s announcement!)
- Evvie Drake Starts Over: Linda Holmes
- Ask Again, Yes: Mary Beth Keane
- Educated: Tara Westover
Also, I heard a great tip for folks who want to read more…. aim for 20 minutes a day. You’ll likely end up reading more than that and you’ll get into a routine but start with the 20. Sometimes I tell myself I’m just going to read a chapter, or 50 pages, or some other small goal and when I hit it, I usually find that I want to keep going.
Anyway, my goal this year is to read anywhere from 30-50 books. It’s not specific and I’m okay with that. My reading fluctuates depending on what we have going on in our lives and especially with my work travel. Right now, I only have one trip planned in 2020 for work so I don’t anticipate more than a book a week until then.
If you want to look back at book club lists from 2019, you can find them here, here, here and here. I read 29 books in 2019 which feels like a good number. My last book was finished with a view of the Bahamas!
I’d love to hear what’s on your reading list this year and any helpful tips to read more!